Our Nations Photo Lab Album99 features archival quality paper with a floating spine and various premium hardcovers. You can fully customize your Album99 using the tools provided on our Nations Photo Lab website’s ordering platform. Below you will find a step-by-step guide to help walk you through the process. Also included are visuals and descriptions of the customization tools provided on the platform.
1. To create an Album99, first, you will need to upload the images to your gallery. Here is a helpful link to walk you through this step.
2. After uploading images into your gallery for the album you are creating, you will head to the Album99 page on the website to customize your album size and orientation.
Please note, you cannot change the cover once you start creating the Album99 or add or remove pages. We print Album99 pages on Kodak Professional Endura Lustre or Fujicolor Crystal Archive Super Type PDN Lustre photo paper and mount to your choice of thick or thin pages.
Thick pages are approximately the width of a penny, while thin pages are roughly the width of a dime.
The Album99 also comes with various cover options, as seen in the following link toward the bottom of the page. Album99 vs. Infinity Album
3. Once you have selected the specs for your Album99, you will click the "Customize Now" button to choose a theme. We have a variety of themes to choose from, or you can "create your own" blank theme.
The Blank Theme Panoramic starts you off with a completely new project to build your album page by page. This template conjoins the left and right sides of the page. The Blank Theme Two-Sided also starts you off with a completely new project, however, the left and right sides of the page are split.
The full-page photos theme lets you pre-select the images and pre-places them in the Album99. The Full page photos Two-Sided theme will pre-place one image per side of a page. The Full page photos Panoramic theme will pre-place one image that spans from the left to the right side of the page.
Helpful tip: 10 spreads = 20 pages. For more information, please visit this help center article.
4. Once you pick your theme, the website will bring you to the Album99 interface to start designing.
Please note that when you open the Album99, it will open to black flypaper, and the first page starts on the left after you turn the page. The black flypaper is a matte finish.
Please be aware there is a ⅛” trim that happens inside of the templates/ pages. Later in this tutorial, you will see an image of the orange border, which will show you the trim area.
Helpful tip: Should you see a low-resolution warning pop up, please visit this help center article.
5. At this point, it's best to familiarize yourself with the icons and customization tools to create a fantastic Album99 of your own.
The first icons you will see will be gray to the left of your screen, laid out vertically.
6. The top icon, “PHOTO,” allows you to access images from your gallery to use in the Album99. You can also click on the “Upload Photos” button to upload additional photos to complete the Album99.
7. The “TEXT” button allows you to add text to a page or cover (only available on the Lustre photo cover). This section allows you to select the font, color of font, and size of the font.
8. The “LAYOUT” button allows you to choose different image layouts for each page in the Album99. It’s a great tool to use if this is your first time creating an Album99. Please note that a 1/4 of an inch trim happens around the edge of the templates.
Once you click on a layout, you will see different options based on the number of images you want per page.
The layouts on the templates are adjustable. You can move the image boxes within the template or resize them with the transform tool (shown later in this tutorial).
The next few steps are optional, depending on your design preferences. Below are different design features our ordering platform has to offer.
9. The “BACKGROUND” allows you to change the color/design of the background on the pages. We supply a wide range of background designs to choose from in this area of the menu. If you do not see a background you like, you can upload an image and set it as the background.
10. The “BORDERS” button allows you to add a color border to the image boxes on the page.
11. The “STYLES” button allows you to pick a quick border in different colors of gray.
The following features are when you are manipulating an image on the page. The first symbol is a hand, and this is the pan/zoom button. It allows you to move the image around to the edge to see the orange border. The orange border is where the trim area is on the pages.
1. This bar allows you to zoom in/out or move the image inside the image template only.
2. The "TRANSFORM" button allows you to stretch or change the image's shape on the page/spread with little half-circle bumpers in black. Click and hold down on your mouse to start adjusting the size/ shape.
3. The “ROTATE” button allows you to change the orientation. You will know you selected it because a blue box will appear around the image. Then click on the rotate button to switch to portrait or landscape.
4. The “BACKGROUND” button allows you to set the image to the front from the background or make the image the background.
5. The “TRASH” button allows you to remove an image off the page/spread. Click on the image you want to remove. The selected image will be highlighted in blue, or click the transform button and click and hold the image with your mouse. Then drag it off the page until it turns red and the trash icon appears and release the mouse. The image will disappear from the page.
6. The “REORGANIZE” button expands the spreads going across the bottom of the page and allows you to drag a spread to a different area of the Album99. To most the spread, drag the spread over the intended new location in the Album99 until you see a vertical blue line and then release it.
Once you’ve reviewed and approved all of your design edits, click ADD TO CART to begin the checkout process.
Please note that you can add embossing/imprinting under “options” to the right of the cover color in the cart.
Please feel free to call or chat with us if you have any further questions while creating your new memories. Our phone line (888-507-5755) is available Monday through Friday, 10:00 am-5:30 pm EST, and our live chat is available Monday through Friday, 10:00 am-5:30 pm EST.