New security features have been added to MacOS Catalina (10.15) that require additional permissions for using the full feature set of the GoToAssist Expert desktop applications for Windows and Mac and/or RescueAssist. In order to remotely control a Mac Computer with MacOS Catalina operating system, the steps below must be performed.
Note: Access to this feature is dependent upon your user group settings or your individual user settings, which are set by your administrator.
- On the customer's Mac, navigate to the System Preferences by doing either of the following:
- Click the System Preferences icon in your Dock
- On the Menu Bar, click the Apple menu then select System Preferences
- GoToAssist Customer
- For RescueAssist, check the box to allow control for the LogmeinRemoteSupport app.
- In the left menu, click Screen Recording.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- For GoToAssist Remote Support, check the box to allow screen recording for the GoToAssist Customer app.
- For RescueAssist, check the box to allow screen recording for the LogmeinRemoteSupport app.