What do I do if I have downloaded ROES but only see a "launch" file or ROES does not open upon installation?
For PC - Windows 7:
- Move "launch" to your desktop. Right click the file and choose OPEN WITH (for Windows Vista or earlier choose OPEN, which should then open a prompt allowing you to Choose From a List of Programs).
- Click the Java Web Start Launcher icon, followed by OK - ROES should now open. If this is unavailable, click BROWSE in the lower right portion of the window.
- Please click on the C: Local Disk drive and double-click into X86 Program Files on the right.
- In X86 Program Files, locate the Java folder. If you do not find Java, return to your C: Local Disk, find Program Files and locate Java within. *If you are unable to locate Java in either folder please reference our Java troubleshoot information or contact Customer Service.*
- Double-click into Java and follow this file path: jre7>bin>javaws.
- After clicking on Javaws you will be returned to the Open With screen and should see the Java Web Start Icon - click the icon, then OK. ROES should begin to open.
For PC - Windows 8:
- Windows 8 does not automatically have an instillation of Java. Please make sure you have properly installed Java on your Windows 8 machine and are attempting to access ROES via your DESKTOP MODE. For questions, please reference our Java troubleshoot guide or contact Customer Service.
- For Mac products Java should automatically open the ROES file. If this does not occur, your Java version may have been removed with a recent update, you may have an outdated version of Java, or there could be further problems with your user permissions not allowing ROES to install properly. Please check the version of Java by referring to the Java troubleshooting section.