What if I receive a message for a launch error with a null pointer?
While not very common at this time, in some cases the last launch may have stored a setting that cannot be utilized, such as a screen location. This can cause a launch error with a null pointer exception.
If you receive this error message please attempt the following:
- Empty the .roescache folder and delete the NationsPhoto.properties file from the .NationsPhoto folder
- These folders will be under the user home folder in Windows (like C:Users) and Mac, however on a Mac the folders are hidden. To access these hidden folders on a MAC, you must do a direct Go to Folder via Finder.
- Open Finder and choose Go
- From the top menu, choose GO TO FOLDER.
- In the dialog that opens, enter: ~/.roescache and/or ~/.NationsPhoto
- Press Enter
- The folder's contents will appear in a Finder window. You can select all and delete the contents to clear it if needed.